坦白说!Cuckoo鸟真的实在太可恶了Perturbed
YapKH
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

http://www.flickr.com/photos/yapkahhue/

Back to top Go down

Re: Who am I ?

Post by JKC on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:21 am

they are considered parasite birds. if you search on youtube. The new hatched chick will push all the eggs out of the nest. not only that, even if the other egg hatch together. the baby cuckoo chick will push the other chick out of the nest also. they can do that just after 1 day they hatch without the eye can even see .

Last edited by JKC on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 2 times in total
JKC
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/24469470@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by jhseow on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:05 am

Great shots, thanks for sharing . 
Didn't know that Cuckoo do parasite in Broadbill nest.
jhseow
鸟语花香

Back to top Go down

Post by s1nner on Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:12 pm

JKC wrote:they are considered parasite birds. if you search on youtube. The new hatched chick will push all the eggs out of the nest. not only that, even if the other egg hatch together. the baby cuckoo chick will push the other chick out of the nest also. they can do that just after 1 day they hatch without the eye can even see .
This is what I  always wanted to know.

I had this thought is that the adult Cuckoo will take out the eggs before laying theirs in the nest. But how they do it, I still wondering...
But now i got the answer. So my first, is correct.

I gotta see these video and they are enlighten. Thanks JKC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Now, wonder how they did it on a Broadbill nest. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

s1nner
Sparrow
Sparrow

Back to top Go down

Post by nelson khor on Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:41 pm

This is the shots I always want to have... but no chance yet.
Well done

鸟神

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Post by jytou on Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:22 pm

Cuckoos are not always as terrible as thought. Cuckoos are not species that are capable of breeding in huge numbers even with their parasitic nesting behavior. Cuckoos often go through the trouble to lay eggs in other nests, but many of them ended up dead due to wrong diet of the chosen host or the host is capable of telling the difference of the eggs. Their success rate is merely good enough to keep them alive. It was not certain what had driven cuckoos to behave as such but breeding is indeed an expensive process to have.

Although with the notorious behavior, cuckoos remained to be important species in the ecology, they are one of the few birds that are willing to feed on caterpillars that are scary looking to many other creatures and mammals probably avoid them as they cause itchness in their skins. Cuckoos act as an important group of creatures to control the population of butterflies so that they do not over populate. The balance in an ecology system is very important to ensure that it sustain, so its pointless to save every individual for the sake of saving sometimes.

However, human chooses to walk on a path opposing to nature, multiplying their own population quickly without effective measures to control a sustainable population and is eating up and sucking the world's resources dry, which in certain measures, not too much nobel when compared to the cuckoos anyway. At least for one thing, cuckoos breeding behavior is not likely capable of driving any host to extinction, unlike humans who had already a good list of successful examples.

jytou
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Back to top Go down

Post by JKC on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:19 am

s1nner wrote:This is what I  always wanted to know.

I had this thought is that the adult Cuckoo will take out the eggs before laying theirs in the nest. But how they do it, I still wondering...
But now i got the answer. So my first, is correct.

I gotta see these video and they are enlighten. Thanks JKC.

Now, wonder how they did it on a Broadbill nest. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

You are welcome and I love to share. I watch it on TV documentary before so it helps me to find the answer. Smile

I would say these are the way they can only survive. It's a instinct that in their DNA. If the cuckoo chick allow the other chick to grow with them together, for sure the parent bird will abandon it after seeing their own specie are so much different compare with the cuckoo chick. I think it's a way of survivor.

I have seen flower packer, bulbul, flycatcher feeding the cuckoo before but these are my first time to see Black & yellow. Smile
JKC
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/24469470@N04/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum