BIFs from Florida

View previous topic View next topic Go down

BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by wmw998 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:21 pm

I like the second image more, but pity, the sunlight was a little too strong.

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:21 pm

Does it look that bad on your monitor? Hmmm. It was a sunset light, should be soft. Haha

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by wmw998 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:40 pm

troylim wrote:Does it look that bad on your monitor? Hmmm. It was a sunset light, should be soft. Haha

No, it is not that bad, but it does look as if the bird was wearing an underwear.......hahahaha. I guess it is a question of you being at the correct location in relation to the bird and the sun.

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:02 pm

both shots were shooting around the same time. Light was soft, does not change that much during the time.
Spot meter on the white plus two stops.
I wonder if someone else see the same as the sunlight was too strong.

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by wmw998 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:29 pm

troylim wrote:both shots were shooting around the same time. Light was soft, does not change that much during the time.
Spot meter on the white plus two stops.
I wonder if someone else see the same as the sunlight was too strong.

As long as there is shadow, the light is considered too strong.

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by nelson khor on Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:06 pm

The shadow problem only

_________________
Nelson Khor
avatar
nelson khor
鸟神

Posts : 4577
Join date : 2011-05-22
Age : 46
Location : Kedah, Kulim

http://www.pbase.com/me_photoshots

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:09 pm

It depends on the angle of the shadow. Smile As long as there is light, there is shadow, so it is too strong, that kind of logic does not make sense.

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by wmw998 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:49 pm

troylim wrote:It depends on the angle of the shadow. Smile As long as there is light, there is shadow, so it is too strong, that kind of logic does not make sense.

It is ok, just my opinion. When it concerns art, there is no logic involved. It does not make sense either why I like diffused light in photography. A good artist does not use logic, he uses what he sees and what he perceives, and then he interprets and creates.
Oh dear, sorry sorry, interesting subject, but should not go at length........

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Fair enough..

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:43 am

Forum is a place for learning. Nelson made a great point about the shadow. It is not ideal angel, that I totally agree. I wish I could cut the bushes down at the rookery to get the sun behind my back.
I like getting critiques and suggestion on my images since they make me think and look at the images differently.

Your comment, "as long as there is shadow, the light is considered strong" is not making any sense. In addition, you backed up your argument with the use of art and logic in such broad term, what does art and defying logic help with your lighting comment? I'm just trying to understand your thinking behind that statement.
Your statement actually bothered me all day not because I'm mad about you not liking the image, but the fact that you have learned something completely wrong and trying to pass it on to others.

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by JKC on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:45 am

I think Adrian was trying to said you were not lucky due to the strong natural light were at a disadvantage location during the shot. I commented one of your eagle photo the same way last time if I'm not wrong.

It was just purely unlucky for us most of the time because we cannot control how/where the subject supposed to come/jump out. lol

Most of the birder's have the same experience.

Cheers!


Last edited by JKC on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
avatar
JKC
Woodpecker
Woodpecker

Posts : 2981
Join date : 2011-06-01
Age : 49
Location : KL

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/24469470@N04/

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:50 am

:)That makes more sense.
JKC wrote:I think Adrian was trying to said you were not lucky due to the strong natural light were at a disadvantage location during the shot. I commented one of your eagle photo the same way last time if I'm not wrong.

It was just purely unlucky for us most of the time because we cannot control how/where the subject supposed to come/jump out. lol

Most of the birder's have the same experience.

Cheers!

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by wmw998 on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:08 pm

troylim wrote:Forum is a place for learning. Nelson made a great point about the shadow. It is not ideal angel, that I totally agree. I wish I could cut the bushes down at the rookery to get the sun behind my back.
I like getting critiques and suggestion on my images since they make me think and look at the images differently.

Your comment, "as long as there is shadow, the light is considered strong" is not making any sense. In addition, you backed up your argument with the use of art and logic in such broad term, what does art and defying logic help with your lighting comment? I'm just trying to understand your thinking behind that statement.
Your statement actually bothered me all day not because I'm mad about you not liking the image, but the fact that you have learned something completely wrong and trying to pass it on to others.

Troy, please don't bring ego into this forum. You are apparently not happy about my comments. I did not want to argue, that was why I said sorry and stopped it at that point. Why should it bother you the whole day just because I mentioned that as long as there was shadow, the light was too strong ? Just take it as my two cent opinion, you need not have to agree, neither do you need to lose sleep over it. You can criticize any of my images posted, good or bad, I will accept, although I may explain to you why the image turned out to be that way. I started off the photography knowing nothing, and I learned through my seniors' comments. There was once when I told this gentleman that I had thick skin and my face carried no value, as I could not weigh it, so he could give me any HONEST comment, even if it was bad. I learned, and benefited from his honesty. So please, try not to be defensive, this is only a hobby. If you do not want my comments, you won't get them from me anymore, but stop attacking my character, I am not passing anything wrong on to you, as you have mentioned, and I doubt I can ever !

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:33 pm

Adrian, I didn't like the comment because I didn't believe what you said make any sense. Perhaps what you tried to convey didn't come across correctly like what Jeffery said. Everyone is entitled to his opinion and I do agree on the shadow was causing by the side lighting. As for harsh light, it was a sunset light, different monitors without proper calibration could render different results. I am defending, not defensive, because I know I exposed the white properly.
As for personal attack, perhaps my reply sounds harsh but it was not meant for that. Heck, I don't even know you.
You are welcome to comment and critique my work but all I ask is please be constructive. I learned from the big time photographers through the forums like BPN. If I didn't have a thick skin, I would not have learned anything in the last 3+ year.
If I have offended you in my previous comments, I apologize for that. It was not my intention.

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by wmw998 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:10 am

troylim wrote:Adrian, I didn't like the comment because I didn't believe what you said make any sense. Perhaps what you tried to convey didn't come across correctly like what Jeffery said. Everyone is entitled to his opinion and I do agree on the shadow was causing by the side lighting. As for harsh light, it was a sunset light, different monitors without proper calibration could render different results. I am defending, not defensive, because I know I exposed the white properly.
As for personal attack, perhaps my reply sounds harsh but it was not meant for that. Heck, I don't even know you.
You are welcome to comment and critique my work but all I ask is please be constructive. I learned from the big time photographers through the forums like BPN. If I didn't have a thick skin, I would not have learned anything in the last 3+ year.
If I have offended you in my previous comments, I apologize for that. It was not my intention.

In the first place, why did you dislike my comment ? You mean by saying that the light was harsh was not being constructive ? The point is, I did not criticize that your image was bad or your skill was bad, I merely said the light was not good ! But you made me feel that you were offended because I disliked your pictures. You immediately went on defensive mode, and then offensive mode. Come on, this is a forum, I am just giving my opinion. What is wrong in saying that as long as there is shadow, the light is too strong ? I never dislike anybody's opinion about my pictures, I just accept and learn if I think he is correct, and if I think he is not, I will just keep quiet. I know now, that you have learned from big time photographers, I never have that luxury, so have to learn everything the hard way, and on my own mainly. So, maybe I am not up to your standard yet. But at the end, as long as I am happy with my pictures, that is all that matters. You should feel the same way too. What others say is not as important as what makes you happy. Relax !!!

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:16 am

If you think that statement is right. How about this one?
The moon also casts shadow. Does that mean the light is harsh? My point is not every shadow cast by the light is considered harsh light. That was the point I was trying to make.

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by wmw998 on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:17 pm

troylim wrote:If you think that statement is right. How about this one?
The moon also casts shadow. Does that mean the light is harsh? My point is not every shadow cast by the light is considered harsh light. That was the point I was trying to make.

Grow up, stop it, ok ? Don't try to think you are a smart ass, you still have a long way to learn about human relationship. Don't live in your own world. I am too old to argue with you. Go and fix yourself more mirrors in your house, since you worship yourself so much, you can argue with your own perfect image till the kingdom come !

wmw998
Flycatcher
Flycatcher

Posts : 798
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by troylim on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:23 pm

wmw998 wrote:
troylim wrote:If you think that statement is right. How about this one?
The moon also casts shadow. Does that mean the light is harsh? My point is not every shadow cast by the light is considered harsh light. That was the point I was trying to make.

Grow up, stop it, ok ? Don't try to think you are a smart ass, you still have a long way to learn about human relationship. Don't live in your own world. I am too old to argue with you. Go and fix yourself more mirrors in your house, since you worship yourself so much, you can argue with your own perfect image till the kingdom come !
There you go with the personal attack. No sense arguing with you. I do have a lot to learn but I do know your initial statement was complete wrong.
Moving on...

troylim
Bulbul
Bulbul

Posts : 240
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 37
Location : Sarasota, Florida

http://www.troylimphotography.com - www.facebook.com/pages/Troy-

Back to top Go down

Re: BIFs from Florida

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum